Hello everyone!
I am here to evaluate Davids's speech "What is Toastmasters?". He presented project 2 of the Competent Communicator manual. The name of the project is "Organize Your Speech".
As the name suggests the main objective for the speaker is to give a speech that is organized in a manner that is easier for the audience to understand and follow. The speech should have
The speech should also have smooth transitions from one section to another.
David's speech met most of these objectives. The body of the speech was organized very well.
First he gave us a historical background of Toastmasters which was very interesting.
Second he talked about how Toastmasters help improve not only public speaking but leadership skills.
Third he talked about what happens in a typical meeting.
He gave sub-points for each of these main-points and flawlessly transitioned from one point to another.
Loved the conclusion: Toastmasters has no cause.. except you. The only cause is to improve the lives and abilities of each of it's members.
I felt Introduction was a bit short and could have been more captivating. David jumped into the body of the speech right away. Opening a speech with a question might catch audience's attention a bit more. Question could be: Who here has the desire to become a better public speaker?
What did I like about the speech? Well, I liked lot of things.
-Well prepared speech
-Good content, very apt title
-Great eye contact and confidence of the speaker
-Good use of hands and facial expressions throughout the speech
-Good posture
-No notes and no nervousness
-No filler words
What could the speaker have done differently to make the speech more effective?
Made intro more captivating.
Maybe mention somewhere about our club being friendly where we are allowed to make mistakes.
Other than these small points I though the speech was very effective and covered everything. Good job. We look forward to hearing David's speech again in the auditorium on May 4th. All of you please help spread the word about the recruitment drive. The more people show up the better.
With that I will return the control back to Dave.
I am here to evaluate Davids's speech "What is Toastmasters?". He presented project 2 of the Competent Communicator manual. The name of the project is "Organize Your Speech".
As the name suggests the main objective for the speaker is to give a speech that is organized in a manner that is easier for the audience to understand and follow. The speech should have
- A captivating introduction
- Body organized by main points
- Each main point supported by sub-points and supporting material.
- A Conclusion with a lasting impression
The speech should also have smooth transitions from one section to another.
David's speech met most of these objectives. The body of the speech was organized very well.
First he gave us a historical background of Toastmasters which was very interesting.
Second he talked about how Toastmasters help improve not only public speaking but leadership skills.
Third he talked about what happens in a typical meeting.
He gave sub-points for each of these main-points and flawlessly transitioned from one point to another.
Loved the conclusion: Toastmasters has no cause.. except you. The only cause is to improve the lives and abilities of each of it's members.
I felt Introduction was a bit short and could have been more captivating. David jumped into the body of the speech right away. Opening a speech with a question might catch audience's attention a bit more. Question could be: Who here has the desire to become a better public speaker?
What did I like about the speech? Well, I liked lot of things.
-Well prepared speech
-Good content, very apt title
-Great eye contact and confidence of the speaker
-Good use of hands and facial expressions throughout the speech
-Good posture
-No notes and no nervousness
-No filler words
What could the speaker have done differently to make the speech more effective?
Made intro more captivating.
Maybe mention somewhere about our club being friendly where we are allowed to make mistakes.
Other than these small points I though the speech was very effective and covered everything. Good job. We look forward to hearing David's speech again in the auditorium on May 4th. All of you please help spread the word about the recruitment drive. The more people show up the better.
With that I will return the control back to Dave.
No comments:
Post a Comment