Every year, during the first meeting in the month of May, Garmin G.P.S club holds an election. In the election, club officers are elected for the new Toastmasters year.
For the benefit of those who don't know: The Toastmasters year starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th. The new officers elected today will take office on July 1st about two months from now. I am happy to announce that Garmin G.P.S will be going into its 4th year.
I will be conducting this year's election.
First: I will talk about different club officer positions.
Then, I will explain the election process.
And finally, we will do the voting!
There are 8 club officer positions:
Raise your hand if you are not in favor of these nominations.
For the benefit of those who don't know: The Toastmasters year starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th. The new officers elected today will take office on July 1st about two months from now. I am happy to announce that Garmin G.P.S will be going into its 4th year.
I will be conducting this year's election.
First: I will talk about different club officer positions.
Then, I will explain the election process.
And finally, we will do the voting!
There are 8 club officer positions:
- President
- VP Education
- VP Membership
- VP Public Relations
- Secretary
- Treasurer
- Sergeant at Arms
- Immediate Past President
These 8 officers make the club's executive committee. These officers work as a team to manage all business and administrative affairs of the club.
The current officers except the President can continue to serve in their current role if they are re-elected. The president on the other hand cannot serve for more than 12 consecutive months. Although a president can skip a term and serve as a president again.
President
President
- Opens and presides over every club, business and executive committee meeting.
- Works with club officers to achieve success in the Distinguished Club Program.
- Provides leadership for the club inside and outside the club.
- Explains education program to members and serves as a resource for questions about education awards.
- Ensures all meeting roles are properly fulfilled and schedules member's speeches.
- Verifies the completion of projects and assigns mentor to new members.
- Recruits new members and conducts membership building programs
- Assists guests and provide them with the information they need to become a member.
- Processes membership applications.
- Notifies other Garmin employees about club's existence and the benefits it provides.
- Publicizes club activities to both members and non-members through email, flyers etc.
- Publishes meeting times and location.
- Promotes the club, updates the web content and safeguards the Toastmasters brand identity.
- Maintains all club records.
- Takes minutes at each club and executive committee meeting.
- Reports new officers to Toastmasters International World Headquarters.
- Collects membership dues twice a year. Makes sure, dues are submitted on time.
- Collects additional dues as needed by the club.
- Provides members help with the reimbursement process.
- Keeps track of club's physical property such as banner, gavel, timing/ah-counter/voting device and other meeting materials.
- Arrives early to prepare the meeting place and makes sure everything is in order.
- In-charge of meeting space and obtains a new space when necessary.
- As the name suggests this position is filled by the past president.
- I am happy to announce that our current president, David Dixon has agreed to fill this position.
- Provides advice and guidance as requested by the club president.
Election Process
It's quite simple.
- I will read out the nominations given to me by the nominating committee for each of these positions.
- Take additional nominations from the floor.
- Once I have all the nominations, we will all get to vote.
- President - Dheeraj Singiresu
- VP Education - Kevin Farnam
- VP Membership - Sunita Lavin
- VP Public Relations - Austin Morgan
- Secretary - Dave Metzger
- Treasurer - Abhishek Thakur
- Sergeant at Arms - Rupin Pavithran
- Immediate Past President - David Dixon
Now, I will take nominations from the floor. Do we have any additional nominations for each of these positions?
Looks like we don't have any additional nominations. Since we have one nomination for each position we will do a combine voting.
Raise your hand if you are not in favor of these nominations.
Raise your hand if you are in favor of these nominations.
We have 12 people in the room and I see 12 hands. Looks like we have successfully elected our executive committee for the new Toastmasters year!
Please give our newly elected committee a big round of applause. With that I will return the control back to our Toastmaster.
Please give our newly elected committee a big round of applause. With that I will return the control back to our Toastmaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment